|Pictures and Conversations
Lewis Carroll in the Comics
An Annotated International Bibliography
Edited and compiled by Byron Sewell, Mark Burstein and Alan Tannenbaum,
softcover, 120 pages, US $20.00,
For the first time, a comprehensive international bibliography of comic
books that contain references to Lewis Carroll and his works.
This bibliography is based on extensive detective work by the editors,
and the contributions of first-rate (and hard-core) collectors, world-wide.
All your favorite Carroll-related comics are covered, with a detailed description
of reprints, translations and their variants. Additionally, there are many
entries you may have never discovered on your own -- from the big names
to the unknowns -- from the far-away to the far-out.
The second edition has extensive updates in all sections..
Here is how to order: Sorry, Sold Out
- Preface: Comic Sensibilities: Alice in the Funny Papers by Mark Burstein
- Approximately 300 main entries and 400 secondary entries, described in
detail and organized into 14 categories and 4 appendixes:
- Early Appearances
- Classics Illustrated and Marvel Classics
- Funny Books
- Horror and Science Fiction
- Promotional (premiums and give-aways)
- Political Parodies
- Superheroes and Villains - DC Family
- Superheroes and Villains - Marvel Family
- Superheroes and Villains - Others
- Japanese Comics inspired by the Alice books
- Walt Disney Productions
- Afterword: Classics Illustrated and Marvel by David Lockwood
- 2 Indexes:
- by Writers, Adapters, Artists, Translators
- by Titles
Quantity is limited. The price in the USA includes $3.00 shipping and handling
fee (Media Rate). Outside the USA, postage is for First Class Air.
You may order 1-3 copies per package. If you need more copies, or for other
shipping or payment arrangements, please contact us.